They say that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, and survival enthusiasts like to stock up on preventative measures. In this instance, people like to be prepared in case the you-know-what hits the fan. Having a full kit for the worst scenarios will obviously pay off big if society were to crumble. As a provider of top-quality gun parts online, Thunder Guns interacts with hardcore survivalists on a daily basis. We supply a full range of AR-15 parts, from .308 rifle barrels to complete AR build kits, we have it all! Part of our dedication to supplying the community with versatile gear is educating everyone on a wide range of topics. While there are numerous doomsday preppers out there who have months of supplies stashed away, we talk to amateur survivalist daily.
Today, we’ll look at a few key components that should be at the core of any survival kit:
- Water. We recommend a sturdy system for purifying water and a secondary option in case the Plan A fails. The more prepared population will typically use a battery-powered unit, a hand-powered filtration, and purification tablets. Without clean water, all is lost. When starting your survival kit, be sure to begin with water filtration!
- Utility knife. A well-crafted knife can mean the difference between success and death. Knives are relatively cheap and offer a lot of value in the field. From cutting and rigging to self-defense, your knife is a mainstay for staying safe. A Swiss Army Knife is an excellent example of a utility knife that can be worth more than its weight in gold in survival situations!
- Food. Or food preparation tools, to be more specific. While starting a fire to cook a meal is a safe option in those worst-case scenarios, the average prepper will tell you that a cooking element is very handy to have. Backpacking stoves are relatively inexpensive and can be used in conjunction with a wide range of fuel canisters.
- Essentials. Compiling a small kit that includes string, candles, duct tape, matches, paracord, batteries and so on, can make a big difference when SHTF. When building your kit, be sure to make a list of all of the small essentials that will be valuable but can easily be overlooked. Owning a kit of tools and accessories will pay off in the long run.
- First aid essentials. One part of your kit that should never be skimped on is the medical assistance that comes with a standard first aid kit. In any survival situation, the smallest injury can result in serious consequences if not properly treated.
- Quality firearms. Being able to both hunt for food and defend yourself from threats are major concerns for many preppers. Owning a .22 and a .223 can pay in spades when resources are hard to come by. The weapon choice varies based on user preference and intention. You can browse our selection of AR kits for sale to find the perfect answer to complete your gear!
While this list can be very handy for getting started, it is by no means complete. Every individual builds their survival kit based on person preferences and tendencies. For those looking for gun parts online, we can help! Thunder Guns offers a wide range of AR-15 parts and accessories for sale to give you the best when building a rifle. Customers who post a review on YouTube can also qualify to receive 30% off and free shipping on their next order! Contact us today to learn more!